Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Swarm Videos

I added a few videos to my research site's video section. If you've never checked out my older videos, you should. They are probably more interesting than the ones talked about in this post.

First, there are videos of my Form Circle and Boid Density experiments, which are described in detail in my AAMAS '09 Paper: "Learning Abstract Properties of Swarm Systems" (currently under review). In addition, there is a video of a 3-dimensional boids domain I have been playing with.

I would like to mention that these videos were made by taking still image frames dumped by my simulations, then made into a video with the excellent program called FrameByFrame.

Form Circle
formcircle1.mov (3.6mb quicktime movie)

Boids in this demonstration self-organize into a circle. We varied the avoidance factor and the number of agents and ran several experiments to see what the radius would be. Our final goal was to create a mapping between the low-level parameters and the high-level property of radius.

Boid Density
boiddensity.mov (3.5mb quicktime movie)

Boids in this demonstration flock towards a goal (red dot). We record the average density on the way to the goal. Our final goal was similar to that of the form circle domain: creating a mapping between boid density and the low-level parameters.

3D Boids
boids1.mov (2.2mb quicktime movie)

Boids moving around in a 3 dimensional environment. Bigger boids are closer to the screen than smaller boids. Boids are dynamically color coded based on their flock. This program hasn't been integrated in my research yet.


Link: Don's Swarm Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment